Tuesday 8 January 2008

Your voice is being heard


A worry expressed by some town people in recent months has been the fact that not all letters sent to Network Development Manager Steve Geraty have been acknowledged.

So I was heartened today when I received a response to a letter I recently sent to Huw Roberts, Director Welsh Affairs, Royal Mail Group.

Earlier this month I asked Mr Roberts to visit this site and read the opinions of Llantrisant folk. I also asked him to acknowledge my invitation in writing.

Today I received a reply, dated January 4th. This is what Mr Roberts wrote.

"Thank you for your letter dated January 2nd and for bringing the Save Llantrisant Post Office site to our attention.

"While the consultation period on the proposal to close Llantrisant Post Office has come to an end, the comments posted on the site so far will form part of the consultation process and will be taken into consideration prior to a final decision."


You can't get much fairer than that can you?

A glance at the opinions expressed from the date this site began to January 4th shows that a lot of persuasive and passionate views were aired.

So I'd like to thank Huw for visiting this site and replying to my letter.

I'd also like to thank him again soon...for being part of the decision-making team that decided to keep Llantrisant Post Office open!

No comments: