Friday 4 January 2008

"I'm disgusted a Labour government is doing this"


The words of Michael Welsh, who lives in Gwaunruperra, Llantrisant, and whom I interviewed on New Year's Eve, speak for themselves.

"I think the proposed closure is disgusting to be honest with you.

"We are an elderly community so where can we go? They say go down to Penygawsi but the roads are dangerous and the aisles in the post office down there are small, the elderly "on sticks", or in wheelchairs will have big problems. And when they fill shelves you can't move, I know, I've been there.

"As for Talbot Green, well that's the other side of town - I'm lucky I've got a car but that's not the point is it?

"They say they're closing the post offices because they're not making money. Well who's to say that our post office isn't making money? It seems they're closing them willy nilly to me, they haven't studied the terrain that we have to put up with in this area.

"We're on a hill and we need our post office.

"I use the post office every week for my pension, for birthday cards, greeting cards. I mean if I wanted a stamp where do I go if this isn't open?

"Where do I go if I want to send a letter by recorded delivery?

"I'm disgusted a Labour government is doing this because at the end of the day they own 51% of it, don't they? I think it's terrible."

No comments: