Monday 24 December 2007

This blog's aim

The aim of this blog is simple.

Its purpose is to give the people of Llantrisant a website-based opportunity to express their feelings on the proposed closure of the town's Post Office.

The Post Office is a pivotal part of the community. We should all make an effort and do our best to preserve an important part of the town's heritage and, let's hope, future.

I'm a journalist by trade and so I'm utilsing my modest skills to good effect by starting this site.

I know that if the post office closed and I hadn't done my bit to help I would not be happy with myself. I would hate so see the Post Office cease, it's a crucial part of the town as I'm sure the personal stories you will read on this site will testify.

I respectfully invite those who wish to see the post office close to read the contents of this site before they make their final decision, to listen to the words of the people and show compassion and sense to their cause.

No time to waste. Let's begin.

No comments: