Monday 24 December 2007

"I won't know what to do if they close it down"


"As you can see on a busy Monday morning like this, a lot of people use the post office - to get to the alternatives in the area that have been suggested is very inconvenient - there's enough traffic in Talbot Green as it is without adding to it.

"There's nothing in Llantrisant now as there used to be years ago and I think if they close the post office down it's going to cause a lot of problems for a lot of people especially the elder people in the old age complex.

"I won't know what to do myself if they close it down.

"It was bad enough when they took the TV licences away from the post office. Where the hell do you get a telly licence from now? There's nothing private about it anymore, when you go in a shop, or anything like that.

"I use the post office every week in fact I've been going to the post office ever since it's been here. Originally it was down on the main road. I've used it since I was a kid, you're talking about 50 odd years, roughly about twenty years since it's been in Swan Street.

"It would be a big mistake closing it down. It would have a major effect on the community."

Robert Hurley of Dan Caerlan

No comments: