Sunday 2 March 2008

The final word


I'll end this site with a picture of our beautiful town, one taken by Christine Gittins, a lady whose fine work is available in the Model House.

This photograph is partly for Post Office Ltd. an organisation which claimed it carried out extensive research in our area...but then wrote that the hilltop town of Llantrisant was "hilly in parts."

Well, that's like saying Everest has the occasional slope.

It was an insult to our intelligence and particularly the old people of our town, but I'll let that go now, it's time to move on.

This site is closing today and the fight has been lost.

However, I console myself with the knowledge that our campaign showed there's a great spirit amongst our townfolk.

The town on the hill will keep on shining and keep on looking resplendent from miles around, that's a certainty.

I hope good times lie ahead for Llantrisant because our townfolk deserve a taste of fortune.

I wish Colin and Lynne all the best in the future.

No comments: